Base gallery product for plone with picasa and flickr support by Makina Corpus
This add-on contains core controller to build gallery addons for Plone.
The goals are:
- Have a simple photo fetchers component in one API
- Support many photos providers (picasa, flickr, ...)
- Stay as simple as possible
How to install
This addon can be installed as any other addon. Please follow the official documentation.
Upgrade from 1.X
If you migrate from 1.X, you should add an other addon like collective.galleria. Note that Galleriffic is deprecated.
To cleanup you plonesite, you can call @@collective.gallery.zclean has administrator or use the profile 'zclean'.
- No custom content type, only views
- Works with lots of photos (is developed to work with +300 photos)
- Ramcache setup with a default key to one hours + modification date
- Works with Folder, Topic and Link content types
- picasaweb and flickr support.
- facebook support.
- I18N: english, french, german and italian are available
collective.gallery use zope.components to provide as much reusable components as possible.
First we have photo resources. Plone already manage this for you:
- Folder can contains Image
- Topic can be criterized to list only Image content type
- Link can be sources of photos throw picasaweb.google.com and flickr.com services.
Next you have the main component: IGallery. This interface is implemented at two levels:
- As named adapter over IATLink to get photos from picasaweb or flickr or facebook.
- As browserview to control the resource (@@gallery)
Folder & Image
Folder and Image content type can be used to build a gallery. Add a folder and then add every images in it. Once its done come up to the folder and choose 'Gallery view' in the display drop down menu and voila.
The folder gallery component query the portal_catalog and adapts brains to IPhoto.
Topic & Image
Topic can be used to build a gallery. Add a topic and add criteria on the Type to select only Image. Next choose the 'Gallery view' in the drop down menu and voila.
The topic gallery component use the topic's queryCatalog method to get brains, then they are adapted to IPhoto
You have some examples of addons based on this one:
Extra addons to use with collective.gallery:
You want more ?
The picasaweb and flickr services let you embed a flash slideshow to display your photos. Views are already available to use those services:
But they are not integrated in the Plone UI.
- Remove portlet
- Remove galleriffic
- Remove gallery_view
- Add get_photo(index=0) to Gallery API.
- Add tags search urls for the flickr backend [kiorky]
- add Italian translation [giacomos]
- add new classifiers
- Fix http://plone.org/products/collective.gallery/issues/3 Flikr links on author (/photos/author) don't display
- Add https support on facebook link
- fix uninstall profile to remove component from persistent registry
- No change from b7
- Fix picasaweb url parser bug with authkey [toutpt]
- update zcml import from Zope2.App [toutpt]
- update facebook support (remove the need of BeautifulSoup, we now use json) [toutpt]
- Updating schema of gallery portlet. [thet]
- Add itemview gallery portlet [toutpt]
- Add gallery portlet. [thet]
- Add transifex configuration [toutpt]
- Add support for News Item [toutpt]
- Fix https picasaweb url doesn't work [toutpt]
- fix fast navigation bug (where imgs where added one upon the other) -> Need to position images in absolute [sylvainb toutpt]
- German translation. [thet]
- add a browser layer and register adapters in plone componentregistry
- fix plone3 compatibility
- add jquerytool tooltip to display title and description of each photo
- cleanup interfaces
- add upgrade from previous releases
- make gallery.js exit if no #gallerythumbs
- add metadata file to set title of gallery.html page
- fix facebook backend. Now it works with BeautifulSoup if installed (zcml condition)
- fix tests
- update translations
- remove dependency on paste. [thet]
- add dependency on galleriffic. remove dependency on pikachoose
- add id on photo api
- improve galleriffic integration [toutpt jchambard]
- add gallery.html view based on collective.js.galleriffic. add support for non well sized photo (if the backend doesn't support sizes.)
- Remove Large Plone Folder from default profile. Now install well on plone4
- Move galleriffic integration into skin directory.
- BrowserView are now used has controller: template is replaced by allowed_interface
- Switch back galleriffic plone integration to example1
- Fix a KeyError on exif data with folder implementation (topic and folder)
- Add uninstall profile + Extensions/Install script to be used by quickinstaller
- Move templates in browser/templates folder
- Add 'en' locale
- Add z3c.autoinclude target plone in entry points
1.0b1 - (2010/05/21)
- remove harlequin and z3cform integration (too soon)
- rename IImage to IPhoto and imgs() to photos()
- Add rebuild i18n script as usual
- Use collective.testcaselayer for tests
- Add interfaces IImage and IExif on results returned by every services
- Use jquery.galleriffic jquery plugin (example 1)
- Add flickr support [toupt]
- Add cache support with plone.memoize.ram
- Add picasa private album support on both slideshow and link browserview
- Add tests on picasa components
0.1.1 - 2009/12/29
- Add picasa slideshow flash gallery view on link content type
- Add integration tests
0.1 - 2009/12/28
- Initial release
[X] Unit tests
[X] End-user documentation
[X] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[X] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[X] Code structure follows best practice
Released Dec 06, 2012 — tested with Plone 4.1, Plone 4.2
- Get collective.gallery for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|2.0||Dec 06, 2012||More about this release…||
|1.1||Jan 03, 2012||add Italian translation [giacomos], add new classifiers Fix http://plone.org/products/collective.gallery/issues/3 Flikr links on author (/photos/author) don't display, Add https support on facebook link and fix uninstall profile to remove component from persistent registry More about this release…||
|1.0||Nov 13, 2011||Stable release More about this release…||