Streamlines the appearance of Faculty/Staff Directory (FSD) profiles for the end-user by hiding commonly unused options and tabs.
This product simplifies FacultyStaffDirectory to make it more friendly to end-users. It hides tabs that most users don't need to see when editing their profile and cleans up some visual clutter. The options remain visible to Managers and Personnel Managers who may need to access them.
In particular, this product will:
- Hide the Contents, Sharing, and Relations tabs from the user (when viewing their Person).
- Hide the Actions and Display menus from the user (when viewing their Person).
- Hide the Employment Information, User Settings, categorization, dates, ownership, and settings schema fields from the user (when editing their Person).
- Correct the versioning configuration so that the "Save as new version" box will not display at the bottom when editing a Person (unless versioning is enabled).
- (Plone 3) Make the username in the personal bar link directly to the FSD profile, instead of the Plone dashboard (and hide the default FSD 'My Folder' link).
- (Plone 4) Rename the FSD 'My Folder' link to 'My Profile' in the personal tools.
You should install FacultyStaffDirectory first before using this product. FSD Simplifier will uninstall safely, but the permissions to access the Actions and Display menus on Persons will remain disabled for the user. This is because Persons are set back to the fsd_person_workflow, where the relevant permissions are not managed.
Verified to work with:
- Plone 3.3.5 - FSD 2.1.4, 3.0b1, 3.0b2, and 3.0b3
- Plone 4.0.3 - FSD 3.0b3
It has not been tested with versions of Plone before 3.3.5 or FSD before 2.1.4. It is likely to be compatible with later versions, but you should test on a development instance first.
This product was first developed by Heather Wozniak during the West Coast Plone Sprint 2010 organized by the Los Angeles Plone Users Group (http://laplone.org).
Special thanks to Alec Mitchell and Luke Brannon for their guidance and assistance with this project. And to the WebLion group at Penn State University for developing the great FacultyStaffDirectory.
1.3 - 2011-02-21
- Add conditional zcml so that personal bar is registered to correct viewlet manager for Plone 3 or 4
- Create new browser view utility to detect Plone 4; keep "My Profile" visible in user actions on Plone 4 sites
- Make profiles non-installable when creating a Plone 4 site
- Hide the new "Employment History" fields introduced in FSD 2.1.5; user doesn't need to edit their own hiring date and termination details
- Add support for i18n in fsd_simplifier_person_workflow
- Make setup.py grab version number from version.txt
- Fix spelling of z3c.autoinclude.plugin in setup.py so that product is actually included without slug
- Update README.txt
1.2 - 2010-10-18
- Fixed fiddle method so that Person schema is only modified for sites where product is installed; this fix also makes the fields available again after uninstall.
- Corrected typo in fsd_simplifier_person_workflow definition for hiddenactive state ("R" in "Change roles" was incorrectly capitalized, carried over from fsd_person_workflow)
- Took out unnecessary entry_points stuff in setup.py that was causing a lot of noise
1.1 - 2010-09-30
- Added Extensions/Install.py and initialized as Zope 2 product so that uninstall profile would automatically run when product is uninstalled via the quick installer
- Adjustments to browser layer naming and registration
- Minor changes to README.txt
1.0 - 2010-08-29
- Initial release
FSD Simplifier 1.3
Released Feb 21, 2011 — tested with Plone 4, Plone 3
Updates to maintain compatibility with Plone 4 and recent releases of FSD.
More about this release…
- Get FSD Simplifier for all platforms
- Product Package
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|1.3||Feb 21, 2011||Updates to maintain compatibility with Plone 4 and recent releases of FSD. More about this release…||
|1.2||Oct 19, 2010||Schema modifications only apply on sites where product is installed and are reversed after product is removed. More about this release…||
|1.1||Oct 13, 2010||Improvements to uninstall profile since initial release. More about this release…||