CKEditor for Plone
CKEditor Plone integration.
ckeditor, a wysiwyg editor for Plone 4 and more.
Plone4 and more.
collective.plonefinder is used for attached media browsing and upload.
when using buildout or easy_install, collective.plonefinder is installed.
Install collective.ckeditor in your zope instance
two options :
add "collective.ckeditor" in your eggs and zcml sections of your plone 4 buildout then run "bin/buildout" or "binbuildout" under win32 look at ckeditor.cfg if you are using plone 4 core dev buildout
>>> easy_install collective.ckeditor
Read docs/INSTALL.txt for more information
Install ckeditor in Plone
Use the Plone "Add Products" Control Panel. Choose "CKeditor for Plone 3.x" Click on Activate It will also install collective.plonefinder
Plone 3 :
No support is provided for Plone3.
If you really need ckeditor for Plone3 contact us email@example.com
You can always use FCKeditor for Plone.
After checking out from svn, run the buildout included in the checkout.
This installs copy_ckeditor_code script. This script takes care of copying ckeditor code in the appropriate browser/ckeditor directory.
You need to run bin/copy_ckeditor_code prior to run any Zope/Plone instance with your development collective.ckeditor. Anyway, if you forget, your instance will break with a ConfigurationError:
Directory .../browser/ckeditor does not exist.
Obviously, the ckeditor code also needs to be included in the released eggs.
collective.ckeditor registers an entry point for zest.releaser that (if called properly) takes care of copying the code when preparing the release.
However, in order to take advantage of the entry point, you have to use the bin/fullrelease locally installed by the development buildout instead of a globally installed fullrelease.
Only the local bin/fullrelease script can see the entry_point registered by collective.ckeditor.
If you need more support, if you need new plugins for Plone or more generic plugins for ckeditor, contact us :
- Describe in README how to release to ensure ckeditor code is included in the egg. [gotcha]
- Nothing changed yet.
- use ckeditor 3.6.2 [spereverde]
- Add ajaxsave plugin to allow asynchronous save. [gotcha]
- Use zest.releaser entry point to bundle ckeditor code. [gotcha]
- Nothing changed yet.
- use ckeditor 3.6.1 [spereverde]
- some pep8 and pyflakes [spereverde]
- added control panel setting for templates_replaceContent [spereverde]
- add control panel setting for registration of custom templates [gotcha]
- Plone4.1 support - fix IVocabularyFactory import [msmith64]
- use ckeditor 3.4.1 [macadames]
- fix an error in set_media_type [macadames]
- fix an error in mediaupload session [macadames]
- use ckeditor 3.4
- use ckeditor 3.3.1 [macadames]
- icon for control panel is now in controlpanel.xml [macadames]
- Make control panel (and tests) running without errors with last Plone4 version ... The listTypesForInterface method was broken. [macadames]
- Use the new mediaupload attribute in collective.plonefinder (Force the selection of content-type in jquery.uploadify) [macadames]
- Added support for z3c.autoinclude so no zcml slugs will be needed for this package. [sneridagh]
- image sizes selection added (use this new option provided by collective.plonefinder)
- some fixes for last collective.plonefinder usage.
- use ckeditor 3.2.1
- plone 4 compliance :
- remove iw.resourcetraverser dependency
- remove wysiwyg_support in skin (no more useful)
- control panel improvements
- functional doctests added or improved
- FAQ added
- buildout examples added to help developers using svn product
- added local field widget settings overload
- changed portal_transforms resolveuid
- all basehref problems fixed
- menu styles through control panel finished
- toolbar through control panel finished
- use ckeditor 3.0.2
- Initial release
CKEditor for Plone : FAQ
- How to completely remove any trace of ckeditor in Plone ? Use the Plone control panel > Addons > remove the product In ZMI > portal_properties remove 'ckeditor_properties', all your registered parameters for ckeditor will be destroyed.
- How to install a new version of CKeditor for Plone ? Always read this FAQ From one version to another, it could be needed to run a migration Generic Setup upgrade step for ckeditor_properties sheet.
- How to use a svn version of collective.ckeditor ? Just take a look at buildout/buildout.cfg and buildout/sources.cfg in this package Checkout the standard plone4 buildout Make a diff with standard plone4 buidout to see the parts you need to change You need to add the svn adresses in sources.cfg for mr.developper, 'ckeditor' in egg and zcml sections, and the 'ckeditor' part ....
[ ] Internationalized
[X] Unit tests
[X] End-user documentation
[X] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[X] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[X] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[ ] Code structure follows best practice
CKEditor for Plone 3.6.2
Released Dec 12, 2011 — tested with Plone 4.1
Update CKEditor to 3.6.2, asynchronous save button now works
More about this release…
- Get CKEditor for Plone for all platforms
- Product egg
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|3.6.2||Dec 12, 2011||Update CKEditor to 3.6.2, asynchronous save button now works More about this release…||
|3.6.1||Jul 14, 2011||Plone 4.1 support, update CKEditor to 3.6.1 More about this release…||
|3.4.1||Sep 26, 2010||Bug fixes + ckeditor 3.4.1 integration More about this release…||
|3.4||Sep 11, 2010||More about this release…||GPL||final|