Cioppino Two Thumbs
Rating widget based on thumbs up and down.
This will add those terribly "delish" little thumbs all over facebook to products of your choosing. By default, only logged in users can rate a product, and once they are logged in they can vote once (and change their vote at any time)
Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to add the package to your buildout config and rerun buildout. If you want it as a viewlet below the content title, you must follow the viewlet directions below before restarting and installing. Otherwise install immediately and then skip to the section on browser views.
Make sure you have installed or "Activated" the product if things aren't working as expected.
As a Viewlet
Then, in the configure.zcml in the base of your product you need to tell which content types should display the thumbs. For example, with the PloneSoftwareCenter product, the configure.zcml has the lines:
<include package="cioppino.twothumbs" /> <class class=".content.project.PSCProject"> <implements interface="cioppino.twothumbs.interfaces.ILoveThumbsDontYou" /> </class>
That little diddy would add the thumbs viewlet to the PSCProject product only. You only need to include the package 1 time but you need to add the class block for every content type you would like to show the thumbs.
Cioppino.TwoThumbs is now available as a behavior for dexterity content types. In the dexterity configuration UI, it will be listed under "Behaviors" for any new content type you create after the product has been installed. You may also manually add this behavior to your type by adding the following to ../path/to/profiles/default/types/your_type.xml:
... <property name="behaviors"> <element value="cioppino.twothumbs.interfaces.ILoveThumbsDontYou" /> ... </property> ...
As a Browser View
Additionally, you can generate the widget on any content page in any place by just adding a few lines to your template:
<div tal:content="structure here/@@rate-if-you-dare"/>
Note that this ONLY works if the browser view is in context of a content type since it requires access to content object annotations.
If you used to use plone.contentratings and want to migrate to the thumbs product, there is an example in the trunk of PloneSoftwareCenter. It's pretty easy. Please see http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.PloneSoftwareCenter/tags/1.6.1/Products/PloneSoftwareCenter/Extensions/migrateratings.py for an example.
Please file bugs at https://github.com/eleddy/cioppino.twothumbs.
This product was initially developed at the Plone Cioppino Sprint in Bodega Bay 2011. The source code is filled with plenty of inside jokes and may only be maintainable after drinking copious numbers of Manhattans. Without the [drink] support of everyone there, this may not have been made possible. Big ups.
- Fix requirements for instances where dexterity is not installed [tschorr]
- Add support for dexterity behaviors [eleddy]
- Fix confirmation message alignment for default plone sites [eleddy]
- German translation added. [jensens]
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation. [agnogueira]
- Add support for Plone 3 [rochecompaan]
- Enable use of the twotumbs widget outside the content div [rochecompaan]
- Turn thumbs background images into a sprite [marcosfromero]
- Improve i18n and added new Spanish translations [marcosfromero]
- Improve feedback for anonymous users and after voting [marcosfromero]
- Initial i18n and Spanish translation [hvelarde]
- switch to absolute patch for form actions since it breaks when under the influence of rewriting [eleddy]
- Initial release [eleddy on code, spanktar on graphics]
Released Jun 11, 2012 — tested with Plone 4.3, Plone 4.2, Plone 4.1, Plone 4, Plone 3
bug fix for non-dexterity plone instances
More about this release…
- Get Cioppino Two Thumbs for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|1.6||Jun 11, 2012||bug fix for non-dexterity plone instances More about this release…||
|1.5||Jun 07, 2012||Adds dexterity support More about this release…||
|1.4||May 16, 2012||plone 3 and german translations More about this release…||
|1.2||Jun 01, 2011||Spanish translation is here and se te caerán los pantalones! OK, maybe it's not THAT awesome but we sure tried. Come and get it! More about this release…||
|1.1||Feb 16, 2011||Bug fixes. More about this release…||
|1||Feb 15, 2011||Initial Release More about this release…||