Calendaring imports events from an iCalendar (.ics) file and creates Plone event objects. You can also publish the calendar directly to a Plone site using iCal or Mozilla Calendar.
A simple calendar implementation for Plone that does all sorts of really cool stuff. It is made to be modular and give a great out-of-the-box experience. Have you ever wanted to create a specific view of your Calendar? Say all of your appointments over the next 3 weeks not including weekends? Typically calendaring implementations make this painful -- this product's intent was to make it as simple as possible. Has been used in many production environments. iCal (OSX Calendaring Application) works really well with Calendaring. Outlook works well but requires extra steps from the end user perspective.
- Import/Export of iCal events
- Hooks PUT_Factory so you can put events with DAV/FTP.
- NOTE: This works very well with Publishing feature with OSX's iCal application.
- calendar_export is subscribable from iCal
- Reliably exports events for KOrganizer, iCal and Outlook
- Provide a extensive framework to create your own Calendar Views. Ships with a Month, Week and Day view.
- There is a proper Calendar object which can store Events.
- Over 80 unit tests that cover almost all of the functionality REQUIRES: ZopeTestCase from http://sf.net/projects/collective
- All but the iCal parser is copyrighted by Enfold Systems, LLC. You can find more information at http://www.enfoldsystems.com/
- GPL, a LICENSE file should have accompanied this module. If not please contact the package maintainer.
- We have modified the iCal parser from the wonderful SchoolTool project - http://www.schooltool.org/ a big thanks goes out to Steve Alexander architect of SchoolTool and Marius Gedminas and all the highly evolved programmers at www.pov.lt.
- The workers: Sidnei da Silva, Josh LaPlace
- Sidnei da Silva - Designer, Test Champion and Master of Laziness
- Josh LaPlace - Doing the View and Model legwork.
- Alan Runyan - Cheerleading.
- Zope Corporation for providing such a wonderful application server.
- Python Developers for making things so damn easy.
- Python2.3.4 or greater
- Zope 2.7.2 or greater
- CMF1.4.3 or greater
- Archetypes 1.3.0 rc2 or greater
- Plone 2.0.4 or greater
- ATContentTypes 0.2.0-rc1+
It's possible to do a 'portal_calendar.setMapping(
cmf) to use it with CMF
- DateUtil 0.5 or better https://moin.conectiva.com.br/DateUtil
Released Feb 15, 2008 — tested with Plone 2.5, Plone 3
More about this release…
- Get Calendaring for all platforms
- Calendaring 0.4.0
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.