ArcheCSV allows to batch-import csv data / portal members into a Plone Site, mapping csv fields to an Archetypes-based object's fields.
ArcheCSV allows to batch import CSV data into a Plone Site, mapping csv fields to an Archetypes-based object's fields.
Version 2.0 is a major upgrade in functionality, and works with Plone 2.5.
Please refer to README.txt and /example directory for full usage instructions.
1) create an "importer" instance inside the folder that will contain the batch-created objects
2) follow the step based wizard (schematas):
- give a title to the importer (you may have multiple importers around)
- choose the portal type of the objects you want to import
- upload/paste a csv formatted file *headers must be present* (see example/sample_csv)
- map csv fields to AT fields, if you don't want to use a particular csv field choose "Not used";
if you get an error in this step it is most likely that the csv file previously uploaded is not valid.
Here you can also choose a prefix to use for the imported objects.
- start the batch import and examine log for details
3) check out the imported objects
To test it out it is possible to use the Sample_AT and sample_csv provided in example folder.
To use Sample_AT it must be copied on the product folder and must be included in init.py.
See screenshot in doc folder.
If you are interested in extending this product please contact me.
Released Sep 12, 2007 — tested with Plone 2.5, Plone 2.1, Plone 2.0
bugfixing thanks to David Rivas
More about this release…
- Get ArcheCSV for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|2.1||Sep 12, 2007||bugfixing thanks to David Rivas More about this release…||
|2.0||May 04, 2007||Major improvements: - add new members to the portal from csv (thanks to Maik Röder) - batch-add contents (e.g. photos) from a .zip file, it will be extracted and files will be mapped to the selected portal type and created - references support, it is now possible to create references between portal objects from a csv file - multiline fields support - bugfixes Please see README.txt and /examples for usage instructions. More about this release…||
|1.0||Jun 12, 2006||Stable release: New features: - Richard Amerman (www.7technw.com) added a nice "update" feature. It is now possible to update existing objects with csv values. Thanks. Bugfixes: - added meta_type handling so that mapping now work with portal_type!=meta_type (e.g. ATContentTypes) More about this release…||
|0.9||Dec 20, 2005||ArcheCSV allows to batch import csv data into a Plone Site, mapping csv fields to an Archetypes-based object's fields. This is an initial release, patches and suggesion are welcome! More about this release…||