Plone netvibes like dashboard implementation
This is a netvibes and iGoogle like dashboard implementation on Plone.
anz.dashboard is a netvibes and iGoogle like dashboard implementation.
anz.dashboard add a new Plone content type 'Anz dashboard'. A dashboard object can contain any number of pages, a page can contain any number of columns, a column can contain any number of widgets. So you can use dashboard to render complex composite page or external data source.
Now anz.dashboard carried the following widgets:
- static text widget render static HTML contents that edit with a WYSIWYG editor by dashboard owner.
- calender widget show events information in calendar.
- weather widget show weather of specific city.
- rss feed widget show contents get from any rss feed.
- folder contents widget show contents under specific folders.
Plone 3.0 or later
To install anz.dashboard into the global Python environment (or a workingenv), using a traditional Zope 2 instance, you can do this:
When you're reading this you have probably already run easy_install anz.dashboard. Find out how to install setuptools (and EasyInstall) here: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall
Create a file called anz.dashboard-configure.zcml in the /path/to/instance/etc/package-includes directory. The file should only contain this:
<include package="anz.dashboard" />
Alternatively, if you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, you can do this:
- Add anz.dashboard to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... anz.dashboard
- Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... zcml = anz.dashboard
- Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package's configure.zcml file.
In Plone just add "anz.dashboard" product with quick_installer, or install "anz.dashboard" by portal_setup.
- Used to build personal web portal
- Used to build complex composite page
- Used to render informations come from external site or web services
- 'tab' or 'tile' layout You can choose 'tile mode' or 'tab mode'. With 'tile mode', all pages are shown in one page, from top to bottom, it is useful for you to make very complex composite page. With 'tab mode', you can switch pages using the top tab links.
- any number of pages or columns You can create any number of pages, and add any number of columns to a page.
- persistent drag&drop all widgets can moved with drag&drop functionality in the column, from column to column or from page to page(under 'tile' mode).
- change column width by drag&drop easily change column width by drag&drop a column splitter.
- persistent collapse/expand: all widgets can be set to collapse or expand.
- edit widget preference all widgets provide some preferences, you can set it as your like.
- full Ajax support full Ajax operation support, give you smoothly use experience.
- more widgets
- more widget color theme
Update to support Plone4.
- folder contents widget show sub-folders bug;
- static text widget content encode bug;
Register skins directory bugfix. Without recursive="True" deeper directories won't be registered.
- Initial release
[X] Unit tests
[ ] End-user documentation
[X] Internal documentation (documentation, interfaces, etc.)
[ ] Existed and maintained for at least 6 months
[X] Installs and uninstalls cleanly
[X] Code structure follows best practice
Released Sep 27, 2010 — tested with Plone 4, Plone 3
Update to support Plone4 and some bugfix.
More about this release…
- Get anz.dashboard for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.
|0.62||Sep 27, 2010||Update to support Plone4 and some bugfix. More about this release…||
|0.61||Apr 15, 2010||Bugfix of the 0.6 version. More about this release…||
|0.6||Mar 31, 2010||anz.dashboard is a netvibes and iGoogle like dashboard implementation. This is the first stable release of anz.dashboard. More about this release…||