Plone Foundation Board for 2013-2014
by Paul Roeland — last modified Nov 14, 2013 09:48 PM
Plone Foundation Board Members for 2013-2014.
- Paul Roeland, President (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - Open source activist and tech coordinator for several non-profits. Currently working for the
, past involvements include Friends of the Earth, a film festival, and a range of events with the wider ICT4D and Opendata movements.This is Paul's third term on the board.
- Cris Ewing, Vice President (Seattle, USA) - Cris is an independent Python developer working in Plone and other systems and frameworks. He's been involved with Plone and the Plone community since 2006, speaking at conferences, participating in sprints and offering trainings. This is Cris' first term on the board.
- Steve McMahon, Secretary (Davis, CA, USA) - Steve is a partner in Reid-McMahon, LLC, a Plone consultancy specializing in work with non profits. He also does extensive volunteer work with the Davis Community Network, which hosts no-cost Plone sites for over 100 regional organizations. This will be Steve's sixth term on the Board
- Érico Andrei (São Paulo, Brazil) - Érico is CEO and co-founder of Simples Consultoria, a content management company based in São Paulo, Brazil. Being very active in Python and Plone evangelism in Brazil, Érico has organized two Plone Symposium South America (2009 and 2011), chaired PythonBrasil (the Brazilian PyCon) and co-founded Associação Python Brasil as well as serving as their first Marketing Director. This is Érico's third term on the board.
- Tom "Spanky" Kapanka (San Francisco, USA) - Spanky has been working with Plone for almost a decade. Since his introduction to the community at the first Snow Sprint in Austria, he's been brewing delicious Plone KoolAid™ around the world. This is Spanky's first term on the board.
- Andy Leeb (Charlotte, NC, USA ) - Andy is a software engineer involved with the web since it became something people can do for a living. He has been involved with Plone as an integrator since 2006 and a developer since 2007. He currently works as both a consultant and as a developer at a major US university..This is Andy's first term on the board.
- Alexander Loechel (Munich, DE) - Alexander is head of the Internet department of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich. Since 2004 he works with Plone and related technologies. He has done several projects for universities, nonprofit organizations and governmental institutions. Alexander was one of the organizing team of the “Plone Konferenz 2012 Munich”. His focus is on connecting academic institutions in the web world. This is Alexander's first term on the board.