Minutes for January 7, 2010

by Steve McMahon last modified Jan 22, 2010 04:29 PM
Minutes of the Plone Foundation Board of Directors

Geir called us to order at 12:05pm PST

Housekeeping

Attendance

Attending: Alex, Steve, Geir, Roberto, Calvin, Mark, Matt

Minutes for December 17th, 2009

Geir moved approval, Calvin seconded
Unanimously approved

Old business

domain dispute [steve]

Steve now has the needed information, and will file the paperwork soon.

Budget for 2010

Google docs would be good for cooperation. Toby should be involved; Steve will ask him.

Plone domain consolidation

Geir: still some mail coming in, but it’s slowing. Geir has a spreadsheet on google docs. Transfers are a bit painful due to ip address issues. We’ll seek a person with light sysadmin skills to handle this.

Plone conference 2010

Matt was cut off the call and we postponed this.

Logo guidelines

Mark: Everything complete except examples. Mark will work with Matt to get two or three more good examples.
(Also, Mark has seen a re-done PloneChix logo that looks good to him.)

New business

New membership comittee

Steve moved the following slate and that he be designated chair.
Steve McMahon (Chair and Communications)

Godefroid Chapelle
Chris Calloway
Hanno Schlichting
JoAnna Springsteen
Matthew Wilkes

Geir seconded.
Unanimously approved

Linuxworld request form

This was just an informational item.

Revive plone.net work. Make a working group/committee for it?

Paul Everitt was initiator, Jon did sponsorship setup, Pilot is managing. But we need to make some progress on functionality and appearance.
Geir moved asking Jon Stahl to form a working group to set goals for plone.net 2.0.
Mark seconded
Unanimously approved
Geir will follow up with Jon

Plone Foundation code ownership

Steve moved that we authorize Hanno to correct licensing information in source files under the contributor agreement.
Geir seconded.
Unanimously approved
Geir will convey this to Hanno

Corporate Memberships?

Do we want to have a category of membership for corporations. This was purely discussion, no action or motions. Nothing will be done soon or without consulting the full membership.
Geir will bring a proposal to the board at some point. This would move through full membership approval process if we can come up with a good proposal.

Next meeting January 21st

Adjourned at 1:05pm PST