Agenda, Jan 31, 2008

by Darci Hanning last modified Jan 31, 2008 07:41 PM
  • Finalize and approve proposed agenda
  • Approve and publish 1/17/2008 meeting minutes
  • Officer reports (President, Secretary, Treasure)

  • Committee reports (below)

  • Old business (below)

  • New business (below)

  • Review all new action items (who does what by when)
  • Next scheduled meeting: Feb 14, 2008.

 

Committee, Project Committee, and Work Group Reports


Membership Committee (Darci)

  • Action Items:
    • Review membership application queue
  • Report: status on membership approval process (Geir and Darci)
 

Trademark / IP Committee (Geir)

  • What's the status of the Trademark committee page/folder? (e.g. has necessary content from this been incorporated into the Trademark/IP page/folder?)
  • Report: status on potential trademark infringement from a commercial software company (legal advice on our options)
    • Currently two possible infringements
    • Minor infractions (content farming)
ACTION: Geir will talk to committee about David covering TM issues, SFLC should cover licensing issues.

 

Marketing Committee (Nate)

  • Brand audit update
  • General status update
ACTION: Nate will work on getting additional material ready for the summit

ACTION: Nate and Alex will consolidate and make sure the marketing mailing lists are operating the way we want

 

By-laws Work Group (Joel)

  •  Status update
 

Strategic Planning Work Group (Jon/Alex)

  • Approve the allocation of funds to sponsor travel costs for deserving participants.
    • Note: are the applications and distributions recorded online somewhere and/or with Toby?
  • General status update

ACTION: Alex is securing a place to stay for the participants [done]

ACTION: Alex will send mail that he's managing the transportation needs and how to get to SF, etc [done]



Old Business



Discussion on Sponsorship Plan for plone.net (Jon)

  • Getting feedback:
    • Random choices from Plone.net (?) - reach beyond the core.
    • Alex will help Jon to identify.
  • Discuss proposed expense budget.

ACTION: Jon to contact companies for feedback


PloneGov (Jon)

  • Was Xavier contacted regarding board's decision to approve use?

ACTION: Jon will contact Xavier regarding use.


Update on plone.org.mx and plone.com.mx transfer

  • ACTION: Jon will contact Hector about making this happen
  • ACTION: Joel will create a general recommendation for country-specific Plone sites

New Business

  1. Plone Conference 2008 Planning
    1. What process we want to use for selecting a conference venue (same as previous years or modified in some way)
    2. What if any guidance we want to offer to prospective hosts
    3. Most importantly, timeline.   We should get an earlier jump on thingsif at all possible
  2. Help Wichert recruit more people to maintain plone.org
  3. Security Team presence at plone.org. Was this completed?
  4. Spanish PLONE (see 1/16 email, Subject: Spanish Plone)
    1. We kindly request your permission to translate plone manuals into Spanish. If granted, please could you indicate required copyright procedures. 
    2. We would also like to request  your organization’s backing for this project, which we feel is a must to make this job a success.
  5. Archiving #plone, #plone-dev

 

Deferred Until 2/14 Meeting

 

Content Policy Work Group (Steve)

  •  Status update

plone.org Visual Re-design Project (Alex)

  • Status update

Allocating Foundation funds for Sprints (Nate)

  • Discuss process and criteria draft by Nate (see 1/20 email Subject: Sprint sponsorship request procedure from Nate and Jon's followup)

Update on Zope 2 on Python 2.5 (Jon) [postponed]

Note: this item will become higher in priority after the Strategic Planning even in February. Next steps will include:

    • Confirm Wichert's role
    • Identify cost and scope (Jon, Wichert, and Martijn)
    • Start fund raising using the bounty approach
    • Go forth and implement!

Next meeting


  • Next scheduled meeting: Feb 14, 2008.