The Plone Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was formed in May 2004 to serve as a supporting organization for Plone and its community. We provide support for the development and marketing, and are modeled after similar ventures such as the Apache Software Foundation. We are the legal owner of the Plone codebase, trademarks, and domain names. Our goal is to ensure that Plone remains the premier open source content management system and that we broaden its acceptance and visibility.
Our list of members is at Members, where you can also fill out a new membership application, if you have contributed significantly to the community.
The Plone Foundation is governed by an elected Board of Directors.
Goals and objectives
The mission of the foundation is to protect and promote Plone. Our goals include:
- Provide clear, neutral, and sustainable ownership of code, trademarks, and domains.
- Provide a decision-making structure for essential community activities.
- Ensure that, as Plone grows, it remains a level playing field.
- Act as the voice of Plone for official announcements, press releases, and other communications.
- Help create promotional material, interviews, speeches, and other activities to market Plone.
Support the Plone Foundation
Thanks to our supporters!
A tremendous thanks to all of the individuals and organizations who have donated to the Plone Foundation!
You can support the Plone Foundation's work to protect and promote Plone — in fact, we can't do it without you!
Plone consulting firms are invited to become foundation sponsors, and to receive sponsor benefits including featured listings on Plone.org.
Individual and organizational donations are also welcome.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Plone Foundation.
- Are you a contributor to Plone, or interested in becoming one? Here's our contributor agreement.
- Minutes from the foundation's board meetings.
- Information on the Plone logo and official guidelines for its use
PO Box 344
Fortville IN 46040
- Voice Mail
+1 (317) 747-0254
- To contact the Plone Foundation board, please email
board at plone.org