- Provide an ArcheTypes based version of CMFBibliography for better integration into other archetypes based projects.
- Factor import/export out into a tool.
- Allow for more flexible schema handling.
- **ArcheTypes:** A version based on Archetypes has been done
(see http://www.neuroinf.de/LabTools/ for the current status).
The trickiest part so far was the enabling of author handling in the way that CMFBibliography does it in an ArcheTypes setting. See the source of the
BaseEntry<a class="new visualNoPrint" href="http://new.plone.org/events/sprints/paderborn/BibliographyTeam/createform?page=BaseEntry" title="create this page">?</a>module and the
authors_widgetif you want to see how this is currently done.
- Refactoring: There is now a
portal_bibliographytool to manage the renderers and parsers for the import/export functionality. Hopefully this makes extending the import/export capabilities more straight forward.
It should be possible to include other modules that convert between various bibliographyic formats like pybliographer
Support of the IMS content packaging should be straight forward now, once its stable.
- Schema handling: Things get involved here. There are at least two different potential user groups for this package: scientists and librarians. Whereas scientists are (hopefully) accomodated by the bibtex entry types provided so far, librarians need more extended schemata on the entry types. Currently there is a set of librarian reference types in the works but we still need to think how to integrate this.
Raphael (Sept. 30, 2003)