Pastis Sprint 2007 in Marseille
PortalTransforms allow to transform a content type to another content type. For example, it allows to clean up html code, to transform a pdf document to a html document, etc.
pone.transforms is a new way of using transforms in a zope3 way.
What is this mini-sprint about ?
This mini-sprint is about plone.transforms, the next version of PortalTransforms.
PortalTransforms is currently built on a Zope2 architechture and included a component based structure.
- give to PortalTransforms the ability to work asynchroneously
- make it more conform to Zope3 style
- make it possibly distributed
- The plone.transforms mecanism has been improved and is very easy to extend.
- Lots of transforms have been writen (from current portal_transforms and from AROfficeTransforms)
- ARFilePreview works with plone.transforms (dedicated branch)
The following transforms have been implemented :
- pdf to html with images
- doc to html with images
- excel to html
- multiple image transforms
- doc to text
- markdown to html
A new dedicated branch allows to get html preview on files, based on the plone.transform utility.
- We finally decided that load distribution will be either in each transform that needs it or before the plone.transforms call.
- CMFActivity is the tool developped by Nexedi in order to handle asynchronous in ERP5. We made it work with Plone and Archetypes. CMFActivity allows also to distribute the load between selected ZEO cluster nodes.
- Several dedicated transforms, like video transforms or openoffice.org dedicated transforms may also have their own load balancer to dedicated servers.