Copenhagen Performance Sprint 2007
This sprints aims at increasing the out of the box Plone performance. There are many approaches to this and the task calls for creativity in looking at where in the stack improvements are feasible as well as a good bit of knowledge of the internals of Zope and Plone.
An objective is also to build a benchmark suite that will allow us to compare performance under different configurations. There are a number of internal parameters that can be set in Zope that affect performance greatly (thread count, cache settings, ZEO configuration) and we'd like a quantitative way to investigate the effect of these as a foundation to investigate the effects of actual changes to the codebase.
To make sure all participants are happy and involved in the sprint we insist that all development be done in pairs. Maybe this will make some unhappy but we'll take the chance :-)
- When: The sprint takes place from November 1st - 4th (Thursday thru Sunday).
- Where: Symbion Science Park (see the directions page at their site). It's easily accessible by public transportation.
- Who: The sprint is limited to 10 participants. Priority is given to those who have contributed in this area before. Sign up by typing in a comment on the sprint participants page.
- Fee: There is no fee to attend. We'll sponsor meals and drinks during the sprint.
- Accomodation: You must arrange for your own accomodation.
- Organization: The sprint is organized by Headnet.
- Benchmarking Plone
- Page rendering
- Internal caching
- Large files
More to come. Send your ideas to Malthe Borch (see below). Crazy ideas are welcome.
This sprint has been made possible by the following sponsors:
- Anton Stonor – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malthe Borch – email@example.com
- Jacob Vestergaard – firstname.lastname@example.org
Toolbox and resources
In this section we'll paste links to various tools that we can use.