Control Panel Team
The Control Panel Team Page
Team leader: Alexander Limi
- Create a very simple Panel that others can build from
- Rename "Reconfigure Portal" to "Plone Setup"
- Split up into teams that can make a Panel each
The panels we would like to see are:
The most important Control Panel I would like to ship with 1.1 (I even have the cute icon for it ;) - a simple workflow panel that gives you the possibility to easily:
- Choose the workflow for a particular content type from a pulldown
- We should ship with atleast these workflows selectable in that list:
- private -> in review queue -> published (this should be default)
- private -> public draft (aka visible) -> in review queue -> published (the current one, just slightly better names on states)
- private -> published (direct publishing)
- published (no states, everything added immediately shows up)
We don't need the advanced Workflow construction etc here, just a simple selection. If people want to build/import workflows, they use the ZMI.
If somebody can just expose these workflow selection pulldowns, I will create a UI around it. Also, we need to have those workflows imported by default, so they are available in the list.
- lists error_log, allows you to say "I'm up to date now", stores the time, doesn't show you those items the next time.
- Could have an icon saying "there has been errors" that is shown if the error_log is not updated.
- Future: mail-notify when error happens?
Mail Templates Panel
Control of PortalMailTemplates? - in the Collective, from Geoff Davis (geoffd)
Pretty self explanatory, but a lot of people just want to do simple changes to the footer. Also, a MOTD (Message of the Day) panel would fit here.
Content Types Panel
- Allow discussion
- Metadata Policies
- Vocabularies for the different content types
Navigation Setup Panel
- Navigation tree / generator
- Buttons (actions)
- documentActions (these may belong in the Content Types Panel)
- Geir Bækholt (elvix) has code for up/down with JS - same as we are using for OrderedFolder? support.
Portlets Setup Panel (aka. slots)
- Positioning (left/right slots)
Add/Remove Products Panel
Already exists, but needs link to README from the interface)
Control of available languages, PTS interface
Keyword Management Panel
Maik Jablonski and Limi have this as a plan for the Paderborn Sprint, check with Maik if any code has been written yet.
File Mapping Panel
- Expose basic Content Type Registry functionality
Syndication Setup Panel
- Site-wide syndication on/off
- Defaults for the timings
Skins Setup Panel
- Selection of sitewide default skin
- Whether participants are able to select their own skin
- Later: Assignments of skins to roles (requires Seb Bacon's changes)
Site Properties Panel
portal_properties in a nicer way, split these into separate panels if it makes sense to do so.
Mail Setup Panel
Simple configlet with MailHost? settings.
- Expose the portal_migration stuff, so you can apply CustPolicies after creation of a site
- Has to have a lot of "Did you back up?" warnings, as we have no fool-proof rollback mechanism yet :)
- In general, the Private Site Policy should be split into two policies:
- Closed intranet (you need a login, no matter what)
- Extranet (intranet with possibility of making certain pages public)
- These changes should also be coordinated with the Workflow Te so there are two different workflows too - and the publish vs. publicize name confusion has to die :)
User/Groups Management Panel
Already exists, but needs to be cleaned up a lot.
- Membership (turn Member Folder creation on/off)
Security and Permissions Panel
Some basic and often-used sitewide security settings
- Expired+effective: Permission: Access inactive portal content
- "Let users sign up" On/Off
- Create Member areas On/Off
- Expose common site-wide security settings (like "Add portal Member")
From vasudevaserver Sun Aug 8 09:35:29 -0500 2004 From: vasudevaserver Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 09:35:29 -0500 Subject: Any news on this front? Message-ID:
Many of these Control Panel feauters are very interesting.
Any news on this front?
This Wiki page has not been updated since 10 months...