Norwegian Archipelago Sprint April 2006
- April 23-29 2006 - A full week!
- The main topic will be starting the real effort towards Plone 3.0 - a UI -and-end-user-focused release building on top of all the excellent work the framework team and the Goldegg project put into Plone 2.5 (framework and developer-release) which is due just before the sprint.
- Østre Bolærne island, the Oslo fjord, Southern Norway - Previously a base for the Norwegian defence forces, now a perfect location for making software that'll make the world a better place ;) Pictures from the location here and also from Flickr Archipelagosprint tag. We'll ship people by boat from the town of Tønsberg, 100km south of Oslo (and only 20 minutes from Torp airport).
- Check Google maps - The island is in the exaxt middle of this map, so if you just Zoom a bit, that is it
- Who is coming?
- List of people that have signed up
- Hosted by
- Plone Solutions AS, Norway.
- How to get there
- Details on arrival and departure is now on a separate page PLEASE read this before booking your flights
- How many people?
- The location is huge!. We'll be happy to have 30 Plonistas or more. Accomodation-and-food-wise it scales to the hundreds. We are aiming for three teams of ten+ people, which can then be split into smaller, more specialised groups.
- We are doing our best to make this as affordable as possible for participants, even if Norway is traditionally known as an expensive country. The current estimate is 500EUR for a full week, sunday to saturday, including accomodation ( the officers' quarters from the pictures ), boat transport and food. The only expenses we expect in addition to this is transport from your airport to Tønsberg and the beer or similar you might want.
- We're planning for a day of outdoors activities to get some air and fresh thoughts to our minds. The main plan is to do a day of sailing. There are also kayaks and small boats that we can use when we like throughout the sprint period, and the place is supposedly excellent for fly fishing.
- Sign up
- Sign up has started.
- Attending the sprint is usually paid for by the participants, who also work for free and pay their own flights. Contributing financially really helps. for helping sponsor the sprint, contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Read more about sponsoring at the excellent sponsorship description document over in the snowsprint 3 area
We have set up an official mailinglist for coordination and planning of this sprint . Sign up to stay updated on about the sprint.
It is also recommended to subscribe to the Plone sprints mailing list , the official channel for sprint related communication. Be prepared, though, that the list carries some traffic related to other sprints as well.
- for questions or interest, contact email@example.com