This Tutorial describes how Plone chooses a skin when you open a web page, and then describes the multiple ways that you can intervene to switch the skin. The Tutorial also discusses two common use cases, switching skins based on URL and the type of user (e.g., Anonymous or Authenticated).
Warning: This item is marked as outdated.
- Overview An overview of the tutorial.
- How Does Plone Choose a Skin? A description of the variables and processes that Plone uses to choose a skin each time you visit a page.
- Intervening to Switch a Skin A summary of the main ways you can intervene in Plone's skin-choosing process, to switch a skin.
- Making a Skin Switch Last How to make a skin switch last beyond a single REQUEST and page view.
- Use Case One: Skin By URL References for switching a skin based on URL.
- Use Case Two: Skin By Type of User Example code for allowing certain users to switch skins.
- Additional Documentation on Switching Skins References for switching skins by URL.