Plone.org Documentation Editors Roles and Responsibilities
Documentation Review Process for Editors
Purpose: to establish quality control before new documents are published.
Time Frame: Editors should do this on a regular basis to insure new documents are published in a timely manner. Edit as each new document comes in or on a daily or weekly basis.
1. An automatic notification is sent to the editor's mailing list saying that a new doc has been created, in X section and is titled Y.
2. The editor for that section verifies that the new doc is in the correct section.
3. The section editor copy edits and fact checks the doc.
4. The section editor sends comments/changes to author.
5. The author makes appropriate changes and then re-submits for review.
6. The section editor publishes the document.
These duties are to be performed on an as needed basis. Good things to do with your extra time or during a sprint. All of these things need to be done on a regular basis but aren't as time sensitive as publishing new documents.
- Identify missing documentation and file on trac.
- Identify people who can finish unfinished/needed documentation.
- Mark old 2.1 and 2.5 documentation as obsolete, where appropriate.
- Flag documentation as related.
- Update/edit keywords.
- Coach and mentor authors.