Understanding and Using GenericSetup in Plone
A detailed look at GenericSetup, wherein we will learn what it is and how it can be used within Plone.
- Introduction An introduction, wherein we learn what GenericSetup is and why we even care.
- Profiles (or "Make Sure You've Got My Good Side") The beginning of a high level overview of GenericSetup, wherein we learn about the different types of profiles.
- The Setup Tool Continuation of the high level GenericSetup overview, wherein we learn about the portal_setup tool and how to use it to apply profiles.
- How Profiles are Applied A little more detail on how profiles are applied, wherein we learn what REALLY happens when you click on one of the "import" buttons.
- Exports, Snapshots, and Comparisons More of the high level GenericSetup overview, wherein we learn how to export profiles, and how to use snapshots.
- Under the Hood A programmer's overview of how GenericSetup profiles work, wherein we learn about exportimport packages and node adapters.
- Applying Policies at Site Creation Time A description of how to register extension policies that can be applied at site creation time, wherein we learn how customization policies have gone the way of the dodo.
- Creating an uninstall profile GenericSetup allows you to remove configuration
- The Future What GenericSetup doesn't do, wherein we learn about cool features that don't yet exist.
- Acknowledgements Kudos and acknowledgements, wherein we learn some of the people to thank for this fine piece of code, and also where to get more assistance.