Embrace and Extend Existing Products: The Zope 3 Way
With Zope 3 techniques (also available in Zope 2) you can cleanly extend an existing product without changing any of its code directly. In this tutorial we add annotations to a content type based on keywords. The use case we have is: extending Quills. The code is in the keywordadapter product in the collective.
- Introduction Use case: extending Quills
- Extend with Zope 2 We could extend Quills in the Zope 2 way, but is that the best option here?
- Zope 3: A New Hope One general strategy and one Quills specific strategy
- Event handler zmcl and code for the event handlers
- Utility zcml and code for the utilities
- Current Status We take a step back and look where we are.
- Adapter zcml and code for the adapters
- Annotations Adding and showing annotations
- Conclusions Zope 3 is the way to go!