Converting single user Plone site to multiuser review based CMS site
It's all about workflows and permissions. Please read about workflows and permissions in other tutorials to understand basics.
Publishing all public draft contentThe existing site content might be in public draft state. You have been lazy and you didn't care to publish all content after creationg - it's visible but if you are going to demand submit - publish cycle for content you'll lose existing content when you make drafts inaccessible. This section explains how to mass publish all content on a Plone site.
In default Plone, review portlet and full_review_list page allows one to mass publish content which is in "pending" state. We need to modify review mechanism to catch all public draft content, so that we can modify all of it once.Go to ZMI -> portal_workflow (content tab) -> Plone workflow
- Go to Worklists
- Create a new worklist
- Id: draft_queue
- Copy all fields from review_queue worklist as is
- Then change all references from "pending" to visible
- Now "public draft" items appear in review queue
- Go to www.yoursiteurl.com/full_review_list
- Select all cotent
- Choose change state
- Set them to published
Closing draft stateDraft (in-progress) items must be not visible to visitors. This is easily achieved by removing View permissions from anonymous users for this state.
- Go to portal_workflow again
- For plone_workflow states visible and pending go to permissions tab
- Uncheck acquire for View. Check manager, authenticated and owner.
Create and edit permissions for users
To allow registered users to submit content you need to do following
Add create permissions
- Go to ZMI, portal root, security tab
- Add permissions for authenticated users: Add portal content, Add XXX content where XXX is corresponding content permissions for each content type (usually AT... something at the beginning of the permission list)
Make initial state editable
- The default plone_workflow might not allow editing created items. Users can create items, but they don't get to the initial edit page
- Go to portal_workflow, plone_workflow again
- For initial state (visible) uncheck acquisition for modify portal content and check it for manager, owner and authenticated