Change the title of the Members folder
Several of my clients have requested that the name of the Members folder that ships with Plone be changed. Under Plone 2.5, changing this is easy but a little convoluted because the Members folder is of a type (Large Plone Folder) that is not addable by default. Here are the steps:
- In the ZMI, go to the portal_membership tool.
- At the bottom of the tool's screen, change the "Members folder id" the new id you wish to use, e.g., "People".
- Go to the portal_types tool, and select the type titled "Large Plone Folder (Large Folder)" (N.B. you don't want "CMF Large Plone Folder").
- Check the "Implicitly addable?" box, then select Save Changes.
- Go back to the root of your Plone site in the ZMI, check the box next to Members, then click "Rename". Set the new id (which MUST match the id you set in step 2).
- Back at the Plone root in the ZMI, click on your new folder (e.g., "People"), then go to the Properties tab, then reset the title (just for consistency).
- You can now go back to the portal_types tool and unset "Implicitly addable" for the Large Plone Folder type.