Benefit NOW from using GenericSetup and Zope 3 technologies
Impress your colleagues by using GenericSetup and Zope 3 views efficiently and with minimal effort! This tutorial shows you how to add a new view, how to use it, how to add a new content type and how to hook it all up.
- Introduction Goals of this tutorial and what you need to get started
- Registering a view This is where we create the Product and register our own view for folders
- Do something useful In this part, we'll do something (remotely) useful with our view: We create a basic search interface for looking up objects that have certain keywords.
- Registering a setup profile In this part, you'll learn what GenericSetup profiles are for and how you can make use of them. Herein, we create our own content type and register our view as its default view.
- Where to go from here From here to... a few very useful links that will help you strengthen your development skills.