ArchGenXML 1.x- Getting started
ArchGenXML is a code-generator for CMF/Plone applications (Products) based on the Archetypes framework. It parses UML models in XMI-Format (.xmi, .zargo, .zuml), created with applications such as ArgoUML, Poseidon or ObjectDomain. This tutorial will help you get started developing applications with the aid of ArchGenXML. Please note ArchGenXML 1.x is not supported any longer and should be used only to maintain existing projects. If you're starting a new project, use ArchGenXML 2 instead.
Warning: This item is marked as outdated.
- Introduction An introduction to ArchGenXML - what it is, reasons to use it, who made it.
- Installation How to install ArchGenXML and get up and running.
- UML A brief introduction to UML and pointers to further readings.
- Getting started Create your first content type with ArchGenXML
- Basics: Classes / Content-Types How to generate content types, tools and interfaces.
- Basics: Attributes / Fields How to control the fields of your schema.
- Basics: Widgets Simple content type creation: Setting up the Widgets.
- Basics: Methods and Actions Simple Content-Type creation: Defining Methods and Actions
- Basics: Relationships between classes and objects How to use references, associations, aggregations and compositions
- Basics: Workflow Generation ArchGenXML can use state diagrams to create custom workflows for your types.
- Third Party Product Integration: ATVocabularyManager ATVocabularyManager is a product for letting site managers define vocabularies for fields through-the-web or by import from XML files. ArchGenXML can generate the necessary code to use this product.
- Third Party Product Integration: Relations Create relations between portal-types model-driven. Support for Relations Product (complex references). Define sets of rules for validation, creation and lifetime of Archetypes references. ArchGenXML can generate the necessary code and XML-configuration data to use this product.
- Third Party Product Integration: Remember Generate 'Remember' based Member-Types. Its the successor of CMFMember.
- Third Party: Using ArrayField and CompoundField How to make custom fields: a list of some default field type, a compound of a two or more default fields.
- Quick Reference A very nice Quick Reference for ArchGenXML abusers.
- Tagged value overview This pages provides the full overview of the tagged values that are recognised by ArchGenXML. UPDATED 2007-01-19 (svn trunk).
- Stereotype overview Overview of all stereotypes you can use. (Note 2005-08-25: stereotypes are complete, but there are some empty descriptions). This pages is autogenerated with 'python UMLProfile.py'. UPDATED 2007-01-19 (svn trunk).