Vincent Fretin (previously: Hanno Schlichting, Dorneles Treméa, Godefroid Chapelle)
If you have questions on Plone translations that are not answered here — or other suggestions — feel free to contact the i18n team.
If you are simply looking for a download location for the translation files, head over to the relevant product section where you can download the latest release. Note that usally the latest version is included in the Plone package itself, so you shouldn't need to download the PloneTranslations package manually.
If you have found a misspelling in a translation or have a suggestion how a translation could be improved, you can submit a new ticket in our translation issue tracker. If the translation team of your preferred language is not listed there, try to contact the last translator directly. You can find information about the translators on the existing translations page.
If you want to translate Plone into your language, please have a look at the existing translations page.
- Existing translations
- A list of the translations existing in the Plone Universe, along with relevant contact information for the responsible translators.
- Guidelines for Translators
- This document documents the correct approach of translating Plone, you should read all of it before you start translating Plone into your language.
- Plone Translator's FAQ
- This document answers frequently asked questions concerning translations.
- Language Specific Terms
- Concepts and terms that need good and consistent translation of Plone in each language.
- Date and Time formatting
- Plone uses the message catalog to display time and date format depending on the user's language choice.
- Guidelines for Developers
- An overview on how to enable i18n in your Plone Product.